By Gordon Dale, Head of Sixth Form
Once again Bedales Sixth Form students have impressed us with their Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) submissions. These project topics are selected by the students based on their passions and interests, with the final submission being either a 5000-word dissertation or an artefact.
On Wednesday, we were treated to a smorgasboard of material presented with enthusiasm, humour and impressive depth of knowledge. Topics included the production of movie and play scripts, and music, where the students wrote and recorded original scores. Architecture was represented, as was art and fashion. Equally impressive were submissions covering economics, sustainability, social issues, animal welfare, genetics, time travel, historical figures and artificial intelligence; all engaged, educated and entertained the audience.
The students who have presented their EPQ this year, and their project titles, are listed below:
- Ruben Alexander – The Middle Eastern Museum of Problem Solving and Beauty
- Ernie Allesch-Taylor – To make a short film
- Emilia Bansdale-Ward – Female Roles in Celtic Britain, with Specific Reference to Cartimandua and Boudicca
- Ben Bradberry – What are the major factors that lead to Singapore being a dominant force in the Asia-Pacific Region?
- Hugo Burnett-Armstrong – How did the media affect the Rise and Fall of Pablo Escobar?
- Iris Campbell-Lange – 1, 2 A Play
- Zazie Cazac – How can the fashion industry become more sustainable? (Group project)
- Eloise Cooper – What is the difference between a religion and a cult?
- Oskar de Aragues – How and why does architecture incorporate nature?
- Monty de la Guerra – The History of the Circus
- Freya Hannan-Mills – Creation of a Screenplay and a Website
- Alice Hockey – Time Travel
- Nina Jones – A Racehorse’s Life: how dangerous is it really?
- Jamie Loudon – Writing and recording a song
- Holly Marsden – How can the fashion industry become more sustainable? (Group project)
- Molly Montagu – To design and build a sustainable treehouse
- Isabella Montero – To write and record an EP
- Anne Novak – Genes and Genomics
- Roo Trim – Writing and recording an EP
- Maddy Upton – To what extent is Bedales doing all that it can to reduce the environmental impact of their food waste?
- Grace Vernor-Miles – The effects and dangers of different drugs on the teenager
- Gemini Wang – To what extent should AI have rights?